This event not only deals with the topic of sustainability in terms of content, but is also
based on a sustainable planning approach.
In particular, two main goals are pursued using the catalog of measures below:
Reduction of emissions caused by the event
- » Parallel organization of a virtual event
- » Venue easily accessible by public transport for European participants: Berlin
- » Centrally located event hotel within Berlin, so that it is easily accessible by public transport
- » Offer of rooms in the event hotel in order to avoid travel within Berlin
- » Choice of accompanying events, such as dinner, within walking distance of the event venue
- » Recommendation to participants on emission compensation online
Saving resources and promoting reuse
- » Handing out conference materials and bags only as needed and requested
- » Refrain from using merchandise
- » Where possible, reuse materials, e.g. displays, roll-up banners, stands, lanyards, sleeves for name badges, etc.
- » Service providers are encouraged to refrain from using disposable materials as far as the Corona measures allow and to preferably use reusable materials (e.g. drinks in glass bottles, rechargeable batteries, washable microphone covers,…).
- » Energynautics and the service providers organize their transport of goods in a way that largely avoids the use of disposable packaging materials
- » Reducing paper consumption through digital invitation management, check-in via QR code, provision of digital programs, digital mailing of event information in advance,…
- » Using recycled paper for necessary printing materials.